Monday, May 16, 2011

I DON'T MOOSE AROUND

FAMILY!

 Hello! I don't have a lot of time to write today because we have a lot to do before 6 but, I want to briefly tell you about my week and assure you that I'll write more in my hand-written letter.

We had another baptism yesterday of a girl who doesn't technically "count" because she's 8 but I don't care. We've been teaching her for a while now and she told us she'd never get baptized and then one day she said that she wanted to get baptized and has started cooperating and coming to church and stuff. She's Linda's daughter. Linda is the one who is living with Jackie who we're trying to get divorced and then married and all that fun stuff. It was a really special experience because Steven Rodriguez who got baptized a couple days before I got to Corbin was able to baptize her. I was able to give the talk on the Holy Ghost. I'll send pictures next week.

Every time Sister Gossett tells me to do something I don't want to do, I tell her I don't moose around. And I don't. I also wear that nightgown every night. It's awesome and it's true: I don't moose around.
The Lord has been blessing me so much this week. The term "tender mercy" comes to mind, but these things are so big to me that I think they're closer to miracles. I promise to go into more detail when I have the time.

One thing I will share is that the Lord answers our prayers. Sometimes he takes a while and makes you show some faith and patience before he answers them, but he does answer.

 I did happen to find a little trick to getting them answered without having to wait. Anyone who says that God doesn't answer prayers can do this and they will get an answer without the wait. It's like a drive-thru prayer-answering trick: Ask Heavenly Father to humble you. I don't know why I asked Him to humble me, but I did. The very next day, I was humbled, completely. We got a call from someone in the ward saying that one of our investigators doesn't like me because I think that I'm better than her and that I make her feel stupid and that I'm rude and inconsiderate all the time. Obviously, I don't feel that way and I would NEVER want her to think that anything I did was rude or inconsiderate. 

So, she didn't want to talk to me but she wanted to talk to Sister Gossett so Sister Gossett told me what I had done wrong. It turns out that she felt like I think I'm above her because I use big words too much and I am not as talkative as Sister Gossett. One time we were over there and she was talking about how she's trying to find a loophole to get her boyfriend out of paying child support for his daughters and I told her that as their father they deserve to have him support them. She didn't like that. Looking back, it is true that he should pay his child support, but I think it was a little out of line. Anyways, she told me a couple of other times that I had made her feel stupid and I of course was devastated and went over and apologized and I think things are ok now, but it was very humbling. It's made me think a lot about what I should say and what I shouldn't say.

I'm running out of time and I have so much more to tell you, but I'll tell you one more story. Last week, President Glende called and asked Sister Gossett why our numbers were so incredibly low. It's cause we don't work. She and he had a talk and he told her that he had just gotten a call saying that he had two Sisters who were waiting for Visas to Brazil coming in today, Monday, and that he would like to send her home today instead of waiting till next week. He said he'd do some emergency transfers, but that I'd get a Sister in with me that can follow-up train me and I could get to work. She and he worked out her flight and he booked the ticket. Later that day he got a call saying that those Sisters had gotten their visas and he wasn't getting them anymore. But, the flight was booked. So, Sister Gossett is leaving tonight for Louisville and flying out first thing tomorrow. I'm going to be in a trio for this week with the Sisters that are in our district who live in Beattyville and then next week I'll come back to Corbin. I've been praying to actually have Sister Ralph who is in Beatyville be my follow-up trainer and guess what: she's coming to Corbin next transfer! 

Thank you for all of your prayers in my behalf regarding this situation. The Lord has delivered me from a trial far sooner than I thought He would. I know He knew those Sisters would get their visas, but He had them wait a little for me and for Sister Gossett because she needs to go home and rest. I feel very blessed to know that He moved things around for me. So, tonight at 6 the Strattons are picking us up and dropping me off in Richmond where another Senior Couple will drive me to Beattyville. We'll most likely come spend a day or two in Corbin this week so that I can see some of our investigators but most of our time will be spent there. I'm excited. I'm very blessed. I'll write more later.

Extra Blessed this week: Lauren Pieper, Nixon, Miles, Enzo & Lindsey.

Word of the Week: Rurnt. Pronounced "rrrrrnt". Something is rurnt if it is rotten or ruined. A rancid smell is rurnt. A trashy woman is rurnt. Jacked up teeth are rurnt.

I love you all! The church is TRUE! Share it!

Love, Sis Nelson

No comments: