Monday, May 9, 2011

A FEW EXTRA TIDBITS

From a letter dated 4/25/11:

1st things 1st: Happy Birthday, Val!  Sorry I


forgot that in the email!  I hope the day is one full of magic, frivolity & your daughters being angels.  I would add something in there about Joel doing something nice, but every time I've asked him to do something nice he makes a weird face...

Something I've been focusing on this week is trying to feel the Spirit & feel worthy of my calling as a missionary.  I know the Lord qualifies those whom He calls, but I'm still feeling so unworthy of the honor & responsibility of being a representative of Christ.  It seemed so much easier to feel the Spirit in the MTC.  Now I feel like it's more of a memory than a feeling that's current.  Not that I'm doubting anything.  I know the church is true.  It's just that Sister Gossett gets distinct impressions to do specific things all the time.  Sometimes she'll ask me what I think and I have NO IDEA what to do at first, then, I'll say my opinion or something that I'll feel is a prompting and she'll ignore it & do something else.  I know it all comes with experience and time, but it almost feels like I've regressed since the MTC.  I don't know.  I guess I'm just being humbled?

I love Corbin, though.  I know at some point in my mission I'm supposed to serve in Indiana, but I don't think it's yet.  I think I have more work to do in Corbin.  I hope I stay next transfer.  Sister Gossett keeps changing her mind on what she want to ask President to do for her last transfer or her mission.  Sometimes she wants me to be transferred so she can serve with her friend, sometimes she wants to stay with me, & sometime she wants to be transferred.  I don't care too much what happens, but if I had any say, I'd stay in Corbin.  We'll see.

I love you all.  I wish you would see Kentucky right now.  Especially as the sun is setting.  It's so green.  It's green EVERYWHERE.  I had no idea plants could grow the way & in all the places they do here.

I love you all.  Thank you for your prayers!

The Church is TRUE!  Share it!!

[heart] Sis. Nelson

No comments: