Wednesday, September 19, 2012

SISTER VONNAHME



I'm sorry that this is going to be short. I know I should probably be updating you on this week in Berea. But I don't really feel like I can. I just got an email from Brother Vonnahme telling me that Sister Vonnahme passed away on Saturday. I know you know how much they both mean to me. I've been given permission by President to give Marvin a quick phone call. I wish I could be there for the funeral. I know that you all don't know him very well, but if some of you would, I know that he would appreciate a phone call just to tell him that you're sorry and that you're praying for him and let him know how much I love him. Mom should have his phone number. Thank you so much. And please pray for me. I'm going to really need prayers this week.

I'll post the last half of his email to me. He's a great man with a solid testimony. She was the same way:

On Sept 26th we would have been our 53rd wedding anniv., but that is alright we are still married and we will pick it up where left off when I leave terra firma. It is going to be pretty lonely so I will just keep a phone nearby and call somebody when it gets to bad. Well I'll close for now but just remember this You will always be one of our granddaughters where ever you are.

The Gospel is true and will never lead us wrong. The Saviour is always there holding us up and guding our footsteps thru life if we just look for and listen to Him. If we do that we will never ever go astray.

LUV always, Marvin (Papaw Marvin)

I'm grateful for my knowledge of the Plan of Happiness and that through the restored gospel and His holy priesthood we are able to access Christ's Atonement. Through Him, we will all live again and, if we choose, that life will be Eternal.

Revelation 21:3-7 says:

And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

I love you all very much. The Church is TRUE. Share it.

Love,

Sis

Sister Vonnahme (the funniest, sweetest, most unique character in the world =
she was a bright spot to all who knew her)

No comments: