- First of all, it's actually referred to as the Great Kentucky Louisville Mission
- KLM has a temple in Louisville and it's beautiful
- Not only is most of Kentucky in the mission, but also parts of Illinois and Indiana. Here's a map:
- I'll only have the current mission president, President Glende, and his wife for one transfer (6 weeks). After that President W Richards Woodbury and his wife will come in.
- I spoke with an Elder who had recently returned from my mission last month and he told me that sisters are usually in the countryside instead of cities. He also said that there is a Sister Area that is called a Zebra area because one of the companions speaks English and the other speaks Spanish.
- The weather is hot and humid in the summer and cold and humid in the winter.
- Famous people from Kentucky: Kit Carson (aka the man from the Kit Carson Trail talked about in Nevada's State Song), George Clooney, Tom Cruise, Johnny Depp, Florence Henderson, Ashley Judd, Diane Sawyer, William Shatner, Abraham Lincoln, Casey Jones, Billy Ray Cirus, Naomi Judd, Wynonna Judd, Brian Litrell, Nick Lachey, Muhammad Ali (aka Cassius Clay), and of course, Colonel Sanders.
- My roommate and friend, Lauren Pieper, and my Grandpa Buck are both genuine, certified Kentucky Colonels.
- The Kentucky Derby is being held on May 7th of this year and May 5th of next year.
Hurray for Kentucky!